Re: Possible mass bug filling for package depending on

[Frank lin Piat]
> Any chance to go ahead? It would be a pity if the only solution was
> to fork su-to-root (and possible merge xdg-su[2]) in a new
> source+binary package :-(

Is there no other package installed on most/all desktop installations
that can be the home of such script?  A quick look on
popcon.debian.org could give some ideas?  Random ideas are base-files,
lsb-base, x11-common and desktop-base based on a quick look.  I am
sure there might be better alternatives.

Or perhaps some wrapper script provided using alternatives is a better
idea.  Then the providers of this script could replace each other, and
those needing the wrapper could depend on the virtual package.

I suspect all that is needed is someone to focus on the problem to
figure out and implement a solution. :)
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen