Re: zfs-fuse in debian

Hi Dániel,

2011/10/25 József Dániel <daniel.jozsef@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> Quick question. I see you maintain zfs-fuse.
> 0.7.0 is out since March, but it's not even in Sid. Is there some deep
> reason to this, or just lack of time?
> Since zfs-fuse upstream is under extremely heavy development, I have the
> feeling that any risks created by adopting the latest stable release should
> be small compared to the known errors it fixes, so I'm planning to build
> myself a 0.7.0 package by cannibalizing the 0.6.9-1 source pkg in squeeze.
> Do you think the debian patchfile for 0.6.9-1 will apply cleanly to upstream
> 0.7.0? Does it do any deeper code fixes?
> Thanks a lot!
> Daniel

zfs-fuse has been orphaned at Oct 16th, and later Asias He expressed
his interest in adopting the package.[1]

After a quick look at the two versions of package, the old patch won't
work for 0.7.0-1, you may want to try the one prepared by Asias He at
your own risk. Use the following command to get the source and
debian.tar.gz:
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/z/zfs-fuse/zfs-fuse_0.7.0-1.dsc

This version of zfs-fuse isn't a part of unstable/experimental, it may
damage your system and data. OK, you have been warned. I tried to
build it, and it won't build on i386, but builds fine on amd64. But I
haven't tried whether it works as expected.

[1]http://bugs.debian.org/637988

--
Regards,
Aron Xu