Re: Coinstallability of Fortran libraries built with different compilers

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 09:45:06AM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Alastair to answer that bit. My understanding on library use and ABI
> compatibilities is that the critical point are .mod files in
> /usr/include, whereas .a or .so files are perfectly reusable across
> compilers.

I stand corrected: when .a or .so binary compatibility happen, it is by
luck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_mangling#Name_mangling_in_Fortran
although, according to that explanation, call name mangling seems to be
standardising somehow.

Ciao,

Enrico

--