Re: aptitude weirdness wrt upgrades and keeps

On Fr, 14 Okt 2011, Miles Bader wrote:
> [With the normal "U" command, for my typical usage, aptitude seems to
> choose the worst possible solution about 98% of the time.]

Agreed on that.

What is the most typical scenario sid people are hitting,
transitions in progress, and that is solved by keeping packages.
That aptitude (interactive) does not offer easily.

Testing and stable shold anyway not hit by that, since "U" shold
*always* work without intervention.

Best wishes

Norbert
TIDPIT (n.)
The corner of a toenail from which satisfying little black deposits
may be sprung.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff