Re: New package doesn't fix the problem in the old version

Julien Cristau writes ("Re: New package doesn't fix the problem in the old version"):
> On Fri, Oct  7, 2011 at 18:40:10 +0100, Raf Czlonka wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 06:09:18PM BST, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > >   * this is a colossal waste of time.
> >
> > All I was trying to do was to establish was whether you're being
> > lazy/unhelpful or is there a policy which I've missed as, [...]

There is a third possibility which is that the maintainer has made a
judgement that this bug is not worth going to special effort to fix in
the package.  Policy does not need to be involved.

The suggestion that someone is or might be "lazy/unhelpful" is not
appropriate.

> Looks like it's the former.

The suggestion that someone is or might be "lazy/unhelpful" is not
appropriate.

Ian.