Re: Providing official virtualisation images of Debian

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:28:30PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> exactly. i told you this when you asked about it when you were looking
> into it, and also after you've come up with vmdebootstrap.

Sorry, if you did, I must not have understood what you said. That seems
to be a continuing trend between myself and live-build.

IMHO, a tool that is too complicated to use without documentation,
and whose documentation does not help, is not all that useful a
tool for others to use. Complaining about the lack of manpower to document
something very complicated, after you've made it so complicated, is not
a valid complaint, either.

Anyway, it seems like live-build will be a contender for generating
VM images for Debian, and that's good.

--
Freedom-based blog/wiki/web hosting: http://www.branchable.com/