Re: support for installing unconfigured systems (VM images, Debian Live images, preinstalled mobile/tablet images)

Daniel Baumann, le Tue 26 Jul 2011 12:30:29 +0200, a écrit :
> On 07/26/2011 12:23 PM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> > I would suggest a package such as "debian-oem-prep", which
> > contains an init script, which tests a file such a
> > /etc/wipe-all-traces-on-next-boot. If that files exists, all
> > sensitive host data like existing SSH hosts is being removed,
> > and debconf being fired up to configure a new host and domain
> > name.
>
> this is re-inventing the wheel; the stuff should not be generated in the
> first place by the package, and the best way to decide which stuff
> shouldn't be generated is to have the maintainer of the package care
> about this in the very same package (see my other mail).

Well, isn't it simply about not configuring a few packages?

Such as: the maintainer writes in control whether his package should be
configured at install time or first-boot time. And this field is only
used by OEM installers.

That way, most packages are already configured, and the few packages we
don't want to configure aren't.

Samuel