Re: Using -Werror in CFLAGS for a debian package build

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> schrieb:

> If -Werror had not been disabled for this warning, my guess is that nearly
> every package using -Wall -Werror not previously tested with 4.6 would
> FTBFS.

I, personally, consider all of those warnings bugs. Well, unused
variables aren't problems per se, but often can give good hints where
there *might* be some bug. So, IMHO, maintainers should always enable
them for testing and try to fix the problems.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666