Re: DEP-5 Copyright Question

> > You mention that the upstream author *transformed* the image.  Mechanical
> > transformations (such as compilation of source code) do not normally have
> > copyright associated with them, so the copyright of cat.pzl would probably
> > be the same as for cat.jpg.
> >
> yes, would probably... but I think *transformed* image holder is upstream
> author so copyright belong to him or I'm wrong...

That depends what the transformation *is*.  You would need to explain how
it's been transformed for anyone here to give an educated opinion.
Well, it seems upstream-author catch this image and then *transformed* as a .pzl
file (puzzle image file) all of this for create  jigsaw game. Into upstream source
ONLY there are these puzzle images and he mentions about its copyright/licenses,
but there aren't jpeg,png... (source files).

Regards,

--
Elías Alejandro