Re: DEP5 Copyright Question

Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> writes:

> The question is what should be achieved with d/copyright?
> Give just a short overview over the main parts of the package or a complete
> overview of the complete package contents?

My understanding is, that it should be a complete overview of the source
licenses. I do not treat generated files as source, because,
well... they're not.

They might come in the source tarball, like the autotools-generated
stuff usually do, but they're still generated, and I still wouldn't
consider them part of the source.