Re: Help with shared libs and .la and cryptic lintian messages

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:
> On So, 10 Jul 2011, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> The Lintian tag should now really just say "if this is a new package, just
>> don't install the *.la file in the first place."

> Well, it is not a new package, since long in Debian ...

I was assuming that the library at least was new.  If not, you have to
watch out for other packages with *.la files referencing this one, but
since you said that the library is only used by this binary, it shouldn't
be a problem in this case.