packages in sid depending on packages in experimental

Hi,

is it an RC bug when a package in unstable depends on packages in
eperimental (that is, can only be installed in unstable+experimental
but not in unstable alone)? I always thought so, but when looking into
policy I only found mention of dependencies crossing the bounderies of
archive areas, which is an orthogonal issue.

I am asking since I am filing from time to time bug reports with
severity=grave in case packages are not installable in sid on all
architectures since an extended period of time (typically for at least
4 weeks) [1]. However, recently a maintainer of a package disagreed
for a case where a dependency could have been satisfied from experimental
[2]. How should I treat such cases in the future?  Should I lower the
severity of the bug?

-Ralf.

[1] http://edos.debian.net/uninstallable.php