Re: Color Management in Debian

If you start discussing, can you CC me, as I am not subscribed to this list. Thanks.

   Till

On 05/31/2011 04:16 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
Hi,

on the Ubuntu Developer Summit this month we discussed the introduction
of color management in Ubuntu. See

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-icc-color-management

What is needed is to introduce some new packages, especially colord,
update other packages, build packages against colord, ...

This would be perhaps much easier when Debian would add the same color
management stack and also if we want to follow the plans to have a
unique printing stack in Debian and Ubuntu.

Therefore I want to ask you all whether you would like to cooperate.

What has to be done is to fix all the "Related bugs" (which are more
feature requests than bugs) on the Blueprint linked above also for
Debian. Especially colord needs to get packaged first:

and then all the other packages built with colord being present.

Anyone wants to volunteer?

Till