Re: maintainer ignores bug

2011/2/26 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 11:45:46AM -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:52:02 +0200 Dmitry Baryshev wrote:
>
> > Hello guys.
> >
> > I've filed a bug on reportbug, but its maintainer ignores it,

No  maintainer did not ignore it.  He responded reasonably.

> and continues
> > to close it without any troubleshooting or debug. I did a simple
> > troubleshooting by myself, but maintainer ignored it and closed the bug
> > again. With whom I can talk about this strange situation? The bug itself:

Has Mr. Mr. Dmitry Baryshev read all the responses by Sandro Tosi.  I
think Sandro made it very clear (typo corrected):

| Really, stop this game, it's not a bug in reportbug but in *something
| else* of your system.

> > Please CC any comments. Thanks!

Here is CC for Mr. Dmitry Baryshev.

> It looks like its an issue with your choice of .gtkrc files.  Tahoma is
> a microsoft font and will not be on a debian system by default, so that
> may be the problem itself.  You can just remove or back up those files,
> and you should be fine.

This can happen due to broken font renderer or broken font itself. In KDE this font works fine, so, it's a broken font renderer in GTK or python-gtk or reportbug or something. No one even tried to diagnose this I mean.

Anyway, if I trust Mr. Dmitry Baryshev, he has pure squeeze.  What ever
application he used to create this situation may be the cause.  He needs
to file a bug report to the package which is causing problem.  (I do not
know how he created this ~/.gtkrc which he claims to be the cause.)
reportbug has nothing to do with this.

One may file a general bug report if he does not know which package is
causing problem.  But that is usually a least useful kind of bug report.

One should not report bug to the wrong package.  If it is not
immediately clear to DD which package is causing problem from a vague
bug report which seems to be caused by user miss configuration, DD will
close such useless bug report.  It serves nothing.

Please think about this.

Osamu

--
Regards, Krasu