Re: how come the buildd machines can't find python-vtk?

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 21:27:16 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> I uploaded insighttoolkit the other day, but the buildd machines
> refuse to build it, claiming an installability problem [1]:
>
>   insighttoolkit/alpha dependency installability problem:
>
>     insighttoolkit (= 3.20.0-8) build-depends on one of:
>     - python-vtk (= 5.4.2-8)
>
> This is repeated for all architectures.
>
> Two things puzzle me:
>
> 1. python-vtk is still in the archive according to the PTS
>    and "rmadison"
>
> 2. the above output says "(= 5.4.2-8)", but the build-dep isn't
>    versioned
>
> What's going on?

http://edos.debian.net/edos-debcheck/results/unstable/1298005520/i386/list.php#python-vtk

python-vtk is involved in the ffmpeg transition, and needs to be
rebuilt.  In the mean time, it's not installable, so insighttoolkit
can't be built.

Cheers,
Julien