Re: RFC: bringing back task packages

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:39:16AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> it would be very exciting to have the possibility to select a blend at the
> installation. To circumvent the limitation of space, how about having a single
> line to select ‘Chose a Debian Pure Blend‘, that would lead to a page that
> provides the full list of blends ?

More generally, it might have sense to present tasks hierarchically,
with some sort of cut-off thresholds, e.g.: by default you only see
top-level tasks, but you can ask to see more. This is kind of orthogonal
to what you and Pabs ask for blends (in your case the top-level choice
is not really a choice, but only a menu hiding other "top-level"
choices), but both seem to be way of managing the problem of "too many
tasks" presented by Joey.

Cheers.