Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On 12/02/11 at 15:29 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> >
> > If we wanted to be serious about this, it would be nice for someone to
> > set up a maximal build chroot: something with as many packages installed
> > as possible. Then do test builds of all packages, and report problems.
> > (Then upgrade the chroot, install as many new packages as possible, and
> > rebuild everything. Repeat forever.)
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/01/msg00869.html

As Raphael pointed out, I did some work on this in the past. But I
consider it mostly a waste of time, since the benefits are very little.

Also, there are many areas where automated testing is interesting /
useful, but where we don't do everything we could yet, like the use of
test suites, or installation/upgrades testing in setups that are more
complex than piuparts'. I would rather see someone work on this.

- Lucas