Re: Spell checker as reasonable SPAM prevention tool

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:19:07AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
> I assume that a spell checker can be configured that way that it
> can distinguish between writing an English text with some /
> several mistakes and a text with say 50% error rate which is
> probably not understandable anyway.

But could it reliably pass MBF announcements which are 99% package
names and (often numerous non-English) maintainer names? Or a
message which is 80% C source code because it contains a patch under
discussion? Those definitely seem to me like important test cases,
at least, which I don't think most human-language-oriented
spell-checkers would deal with well (though I'd love to be proven
wrong!).
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);