Re: Make Unicode bugs release critical?

On Fr, 11 Feb 2011, Roger Leigh wrote:
> XeTeX and XeLaTeX allow native UTF-8 input.  Should be made the
> default, IMO, given how obsolete and broken the "standard" TeX
> encodings are.  Being able to write in actual text rather than

Please don't write rubbish if you don't know what you are talking about!!!

You have apparently no idea between input and font encoding.

LaTeX can easily useutf8 with the appropriate inputenc, as well
as dozens of other encoding. Not all of the world is using UTF8.
UTF( is still taileored to western roman script, thus very unpopular
in Japan for example.

> sorts out the awful font support, so you can use standard
> freetype-registered fonts, again without the pain.  Result: a
> document you can actually read in the editor!

Argg, PLEASE STOP THAT RUBBISH!!!!

I never use xetex, I write a lot in German (umlauts), Japanese,
Italian, ...

TeX is different, don't try to throw away working solutions of 20 years
because of your ignorance.

ARrggggggg. I love people blabbering like drunkyards.

> IMO all those broken terminal emulators, editors and tools should
> be put in the bin.  There are plenty of non-broken replacements, so
> why keep them around to bitrot even further?  It's not like it's

So what is the replacement for tex?
Yeah iknow, it is *luatex* but we are FAAAAAR fro being stable and
usable.

XeTeX is nice for certain things, but not for all. Have you tried to
set Tibetan text with XeTeX? The last time I tried it was a mess.
And with Khmer (the language and script of Cambodia) it is even worse.
Only because you are only using ASCII characters please don't make the
rest of the world laugh on you.

Best wishes

Norbert
(mumbling "throw away in the bin*, *standard freetype*, ...)

HAGNABY (n.)
Someone who looked a lot more attractive in the disco than they do in
your bed the next morning.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff