Re: Init dependency between nfs-kernel-server and name server

[Tollef Fog Heen]
> It seems quite inappropriate to limit this information to just a
> single init system when we have more than one in Debian.  We should
> strive to move that information into a init-agnostic place, and I
> don't see why it would be wrong to just have the relevant init
> scripts Provide the relevant facility.

The simple issue is that this do not work with insserv, the first and
as far as I have tested only system using the headers.

I suspect that it would be better to list the provided virtual
facilities in the scripts themselves, but believe it is a bad idea to
do so until the LSB clearly state that this is the way that it should
be done and insserv have been changed to handle it.

I brought this topic up with the insserv upstream developers, but they
believe it is a bad idea.  Did not find time to work any more on the
topic.  A patch for insserv and a discussion within the LSB
standardization framework would be a good way to bring this topic
forward.  :)

Feel free to look into it if you got the spare time to spend on it. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen