Re: debian can be better

I demand that Patrick Matthäi may or may not have written...

> Am 27.10.2010 23:32, schrieb Russell Coker:
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Pedro Paulo Argolo <jamer.jamer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> needs better support video cards from Nvidia and ATI video boards
>>> Intel. I had configuration problems because of that, and for a typical
>>> user is a very embarrassing situation. ~: (
[snip]
> On the ATI/AMD side, the free radeon driver does a quite good job, but
> since it uses KMS you have to disable KMS to get some performance
> (radeon+KMS = quite slow)

... but use a newer kernel and mesa 7.9 (libdrm in squeeze is new enough),
and things will be quite a lot better, at least with the r300 driver. (Also,
setting RADEON_HYPERZ=1 for 3D-using games is likely to improve things a
little; just don't set it for everything.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | back!
| + RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF MESSAGE TRANSMISSION

Censorship is something ####### #### I do ### like!