Re: Backports service becoming official

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:37:55AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > OK, thanks for the clarification. Still, we need to decide—sort of
> > now—whether we need to add support in reportbug for mailing backport
> > report bugs to the bpo list or not (and that might require some time, as
> > someone needs to do the work, coordinate with the reportbug maintainer
> > and with the release team, to check whether there's room to have the
> > change in testing or not). Do you think we should add such a support or
> > not?
>
> I don't think so. Reporting bugs to a mailing list sounds like a hack
> when you can use the BTS.

That's not the point, is it? From this discussion is clear that the long
term solution is to use the BTS, but also that as of now the needed
support is not in place. So you can't simply veto the alternative
solution—unless you volunteer to add the needed support in the BTS. The
whole point of this whole sub-thread was estimating when the support
will be in place and, according to that, decide whether we should try to
get the "hack" in Squeeze or not.

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams