Re: md5sums files

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 09:27:06AM +0100, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Which is not the case. There are still people who like to package
> without helpers.

Agreed, that's exactly why I've proposed also the bug report on
policy. As per our customs, the policy will then state the desired
result, the helpers will implement way(s) to achieve it.

> Maybe that would be a good starting point to give it a more
> common name although this would require somewhat more work ;)

In fact, if we go that way, it would probably be worth to have some
generalization as well, so that if one day we decide to change the
checksum format we don't need to change the policy. (Don't know how
simple that would be, though.)

Cheers.