Re: Debian vs. Ubuntu source control file

Xavier Roche wrote:

> [..]
>
> (1) Not a very common case, which can be left as is (ie. patch all
> further control files)
>
> (2) We may want to have a namespaced control fields, such as:
>
> (3) Namespace specific packages ?
>
> (4) Ubuntu-specific optional control file ?
>
> (5) Something totally obvious I did not notice yet

I remember, some time ago, there has been some discussion about treating
ubuntu as a "pseudo-arch", so that we could do something like:

Depends: foo | bar [ubuntu]

I also remember this proposal was rejected, or hostaged to say the least,
because in this case we should provide "pseudo-arches" for every Debian
derivative -- Ubuntu is a big one, but not the only one out there.

This is my opinion, and not the official position of the project as a whole.

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino