Re: New source package formats now available

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> But the package is unpacked before it can be patched. The patches
> themselves are in debian/patches: when they become available,
> debian/source/options and debian/source/format are available as
> well.

Right, but unpacking should be under control of the unpacker and
not under control of the one who crafted the source package.

So it's still not a good idea. Furthermore I don't see at all
what putting this option in the source package would be used for.
If you don't want the patch system, you don't create patches with it but
creating patches only to not have them applied at unpack time is non-sense
IMO.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog