Re: GR proposal: the AGPL does not meet the DFSG (take 2)

Hi,

On Wed, 11.11.2009 at 23:46:59 +0100, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is one of the awkward things I find in the AGPL. If it's not
> a webapp, what then?

please see this:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AGPLv3InteractingRemotely

It could eg. also be network file system software (NFS, AFS, SMB,
etc.).

> > If the software uses some other protocol that doesn't allow you to do
> > some lay-out like HTTP does, then you simply need to make sure that
> > people using your software are informed out-of-band.
>
> That would be complying with the spirit of the license, but not the
> actual clause AFAICS.

Ok. I'd say that this should have been an oversight in the formulation
of the license, but maybe consulting the original discussions when the
license was in the making, could be enlightening.

Kind regards,
--Toni++