Re: Iceweasel and Firefox compatibility

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:05:47PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:45:04PM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> >
> > Sounds too Firefoxy.
>
> What's the problem with that?  I thought Iceweasel *was* Firefox for all
> practical purposes, modulo branding and usual distribution patches.
>
> Did we actually seriously fork Firefox since the rename?

Simply putting Firefox like that in the UA can sound like it is
Firefox. And we still don't have the right to use the Firefox name on
something that doesn't bear the Firefox logo.

I'd rather avoid yet another trademark issue, and if the (like
Firefox/x.y) works as well, it's safer to go that way.

Mike