Re: debian/rules "make -f" restriction

Fabian Greffrath wrote:

> Why not so it the other way round, i.e. start two different scripts (or
> the same script with different parameters) from a debian/rules Makefile
> depending on the environment variable?

Might be possible, but it would require major changes to debian/rules, but
our goal is to keep debian/rules as simple as possible without any stuff
you wouldn't expect in a Debian package.

Before adding any ugly stuff to debian/rules I would rather let an
external build script to the dirty work. That's just harder to integrate
into our pbuilder build process.

Tobias