Re: debian/rules "make -f" restriction

> > Personally I would vote for dropping the make requirement from the
> > policy all together. I might be mistaken, but I think none of the
> > build tools calls make explicitly with debian/rules. A debian/rules
> > might even be a Python or Rake script.

[Bernd Zeimetz]
> Oh god, no. And I'm not even going to explain why.Think about it.

That's a very unhelpful response.  If that's all you had to say, why
even bother to reply?  Was it just so you could sound smart, or make
Tobias sound dumb?  At least he bothered to explain his reasoning.

See Manoj's mail for a perfect example of explaining (a) why they don't
need the hack, and (b) why it is useful to require 'make'.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/