Re: Preparing lecture about Debian. Help needed.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 03:00:12PM +0300, Alexander GQ Gerasiov wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'd like to ask you guys for some help.
>
> Here in Moscow State University there is a course "Software
> maintenance in Linux Distribution." It is dedicated to general question
> of software packaging. As example they use rpm-based community
> repository Sisyphus (related to AltLinux distribution).
>
> I'm going to lecture there (2 hours) about Debian project, deb
> packages, repositories, release cycle etc. So that would be something
> like "debian developer's reference + debian new maintainers' guide in
> pictures" :)
>
> If you have some materials (mostly I need presentation) which could help
> me in preparing, please mail.

My diagram might be useful at
http://mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/newdebian2.png
it is not 100% accurate or up-to-date but shows how packagers are made, how
they are autobuilt, how they move to the different repositories and other bits.
I expect there to be material on the wiki (wiki.debian.org) about past presentations.
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux == | http://kevix.myopenid.com      |
| : :' :     The Universal OS    | mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/ |