Re: Lintian based autorejects

Bernd Eckenfels <bernd-09@eckenfels.net> writes:

> In article <[🔎] 8763a0fq30.fsf@anzu.internal.golden-gryphon.com> you wrote:
> >        About time we took a stand against junk packages.
>
> Not helpfull to attack people. You will just lose a lot developers
> when they feel second class.

Non sequitur. Manoj's advice has nothing to do with attacking *people*.

People are distinct from the packages they maintain. We need to be free
to mercilessly point out flaws in packages, without any connotation of
attacking the package maintainer. The maintainer has responsibility for
those flaws, but that in no way implies a flaw in the person, unless
they can't get over themselves to argue objectively or fix the problem.

If we can't practice egoless package maintenance, we're getting in the
way of improving the quality of the Debian operating system.

--
 \       “Never use a long word when there's a commensurate diminutive |
  `\                                    available.” —Stan Kelly-Bootle |