Re: defaulting to net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 for squeeze

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:00:07PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> > And bindv6only=0 is also not RFC compliant. However, a *lot* of applications
> > that use listening sockets will not work correctly anymore when you change the
> > default. So it probably is better to make it a release goal that applications
> Can you make a list? I do not think there is a significant number, I
> only know about vmware.

Well, last time I tried bindv6only=1 on a server running many listening daemons.
Over half of them stopped working properly (not listening on IPv4 anymore for
example). I'll try this again when I can and present a list, but I cannot cover
every program Debian.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>