Re: usplash-theme-debian uploaded to sid

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:29 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Samstag, 24. Oktober 2009, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> >
> > Add 800x480 and 1024x600 for the EeePC and similar netbooks.
>
> regards,
> 	Holger (not sure yet how to deal with 20 different resolutions sanely)

A while ago, I gave a try drawing wallpapers[1], grub splash screen[2]
and grub template[3].

SVG are extremely convenient, because it is possible to automatically
generate XPM/PNG bitmaps of various size (!)

The next problem is to address different aspect ratio. I suppose there
are two solutions:
1. Designed the image so it can be tiled/cropped horizontally
   (especially between 4/3 <-> 16/9)
2. Draw one "source" image per aspect ratio.

My 2¢

Franklin

[1] http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/debian/art/
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Grub/SplashImage