Re: What’s the use for Standards-Version?

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:15:41AM -0500, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> What I mean is that we can use the information contained in the
> standards- version tag and display at this place the list of changes
> that were done since 3.7.0

The last time I stumbled upon this was for a feature request on the
PTS, asking to have a link to the points that need to be addressed to
bump Standard-Version. The reference bug is #485085.

The status quo of this, according to the bug log, is that there is
still no machine parseable version of upgrade-checklist. So, if any of
the two feature request wants to be implemented, the first itch to
scratch is this.

While probably boring, it doesn't seem hard to turn upgrade-checklist
in a well-structure document. ... volunteers? :-)