Re: Automatic Debug Packages

Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2009-08-13, Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe you should spend some time and read the thread before stating such things.
>> Really? So, they are already first-class deb packages?
>
> Maybe you should spend some time and read the thread before stating such things.
The thread contains several mails which still special-casing these packages.
Am I right you now state that ddebs should fully conform to Debian Policy?

>> What percent of their (and other tools') functionality did you test to say
>> that?
>
> It's already used in production by Ubuntu.  With no changes made to them.
Ubuntu also switched to /bin/dash as /bin/sh several Ubuntu releases ago. Many
bashisms were filed/fixed since that time. So, as Emilio says, 'this is
orthogonal'.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Maintainer