Dropping Freetype1

It's me again. Several month ago I was looking at removal of the freetype1 package. There is only 1 rdepends/r-bdepends left, ttf2tex which is NPOASR.

There seems to be some pushback on removing freetype1 (or at least freetype1-tools). Now the freetype1 package is orphaned. Do those of you that wish it to survive, want to take over maintenance of the package? If not, I will likely be requesting removal. It is currently not in testing.

Thank you,

Barry deFreese
Debian QA