Re: Test suites after build and Build-Depends.

* Lucas Nussbaum [Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:40:24 +0100]:

> OK. Your point is:
>   In most cases, the binary stanzas in debian/control will contain the
>   correct set of binary dependencies at the beginning of the build.

No, not really. My point is: "*some* of the people whose packages have
binary stanzas in debian/control which contain the correct set of binary
dependencies at the beginning of the build, are unhappy about having to
write said set twice".

> My point is:
>   There's nothing mandatory about having the binary stanzas in
>   debian/control contain correct information at the beginning of the
>   build.

I don't think nobody is suggesting inferring Build-Dependencies from
Depends field.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Excuse me for thinking a banana-eating contest was about eating a banana!
                -- Paris Geller