Re: Test suites after build and Build-Depends.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:44:01 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Personally, I'd add as a condition for this to be a reasonable
> request, the fact that there should be enough packages with enough
> test-only dependencies, which I'm not convinced it is the case.

Are around 1200 arch:any libfoo-perl packages enough? They usually
duplicate the run-time dependencies in B-D-I for the tests and often
add some extra libtest-foo-perl modules. For the build usually
perl{,-modules} would be enough.

(Note that I'm not conviced of the value of a new Build-Depends-Test
field, I just wanted to provide an additional data point.)

Cheers,
gregor
--
 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4