Re: Test suites after build and Build-Depends.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:59:04AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> What is the real goal of adding Build-Depends-Test: ?

[ Note that I'm not pushing for that, but still, for the sake of the
  argument ... ]

> The goals of "nocheck" are different, and more useful, are bypassing
> the test suite allows faster builds in all cases.

The goals of Build-Depends-Test are the same of "nocheck": faster
overall build time if you don't care about the test suite. In a sense,
"nocheck" can be complete only with Build-Depends-Test.

Then you can ask in which scenario you might want to skip test suite
to build faster, ... and I don't think buildds match that scenario.

Cheers.