Re: Gnomesword, libsword, diatheke, sword modules, bibletime

Hello,

a person from the Ubuntu community forwarded this mail of yours to a
Debian list.

All these problems you enumerate should be responsibility of the
designated maintainer (Daniel Glassey). You say that you haven't been
successful in contacting him; maybe it's that he has lost interest in
these packages, or doesn't have the time to take care of them anymore,
or perhaps doesn't read his @debian.org mail any more due to spam. I'm
CC'ing him to his latest known address, hoping he can clarify.

I think that if we don't get an answer from him (or if he says he's no
longer interested, doesn't have the time, or would welcome some help) we
should go forward with finding a new maintainer or co-maintainer for
these packages. You expressed interest in bringing your packages into
the Debian archive (which would propagate automatically to Ubuntu):
that'd be great, particularly if you're committed to providing packages
that meet the Debian Policy requirements.

So, let's wait a bit for Daniel's reply, and tell us if you prefer to
try maintaining these packages in Debian yourselves, or would rather
have somebody else do it, if anybody would be interested.

Thanks for contacting us (and thanks Jeffrey Ratcliffe too for
forwarding us your mail).

Oh, and by the way, it would be great if you could submit bug reports
for issues #2 and #4 below, so that they won't be forgotten. (Reports
about out of date versions are not really necessary in this case, since
that's what a new maintainer will address first.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.