Re: Test suites after build and Build-Depends.

* Charles Plessy [Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:53:59 +0900]:

> Dear all,

> I packaged a lot programs that have a test suite, and realised that,
> in order to run it after build, the dependancies of the binary package
> produced must be present as well.

I think you've brought up this in the past already, and I pointed out
(as I will now) that this mostly affects software written in interpreted
languages, since when compiling, the resulting Dependencies are probably
already installed.

> - Information is duplicated between Build-Depends: and the binary packages's
>   Depends: field.

If this really, really annoys you, you can always use debian/control.in
pin a way that's allowed to be used).

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

«¡Pero si es tan español que debe de tener el cerebro en forma de botijo,
con pitorro y todo!»
                -- Javier Cercas, “La velocidad de la luz”