Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> writes:
> Since the licence comming with the pdf was, up to what I read and
> understand, compatible with DFSG, in particular right to reproduce,
> distribute and *modify*, I completely fails to see the motivations
> for such a decision.

Let me quote the GR text:

"In practice, then, documentation simply isn't different enough to
warrant different standards: we still wish to provide source code in
the same manner as for programs, we still wish to be able to modify
and reuse documentation in other documentation and programs as
conveniently as possible, and we wish to be able to provide our users
with exactly the documentation they want, without extraneous
materials. "

As we don't accept program object code without source, we are not
accepting document binaries without source, either. For the motivation
behind the GR, read the various lists for that time, this was
discussed extensively back then.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *