Re: Terminal emulators and command line arguments (again!)

On Mon,20.Oct.08, 00:51:03, s. keeling wrote:

> Just curious, but why 2 & 3?  Why isn't 1 considered the simplest
> solution?  xterm is ca. 300k.  What Seyon users can't afford 300k disk
> space or its RSS?
>
> vi's installed on every *nix box on the planet.  Why shouldn't xterm
> be on every X install on the planet?  My /usr/bin/vim.basic is 1.3 Mb.
>
> 1 seems a far more robust solution to me.

Because it brings benefits to all users, not just users of seyon. I
recently went (again) through experimenting with different terminal
emulators and it was pretty annoying that all my keyboard shortcuts
(based on x-terminal-emulator!) didn't work because one or the other
wouldn't support some command-line options.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)