Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:33:27PM +0000, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>
> > > Boycotting is unlikely to prevent all ballot options from reaching the
> >
> > Yeah Boycotting is silly, that's why I've voted for FD first, my
> > "preferred" choices second, the rest third.
>
> So in effect you prefer the options that do not require supermajority to
> those that do.  Or at least make it more likely that they will win.

Sadly, it's a necessary side effect yes.

> This ballot sucks.

News @ 11.
Especially since a few options require supermajority out of thin air.

Is there someone on the plane here to do what's needed with the
secretary? If the DPL isn't willing to take any action here (and I'm
really annoyed that despite repeated questions about it he never showed
up in the discussion[0]), I believe I'm willing to start a GR (*SIGH*)
about it[1].

[0] There are at least ways to tell "Hey I don't want to troll, but my
    position on the subject is $foo and I'm currently discussing it
    privately with him" or whatever, that at least let us know what is
    going on. Right now we see blatant power abuse, with the DPL being
    completely OK with it. Sooo nice.

[1] I know that the constitution doesn't state that we can rescind our
    Secretary through a GR, but I would be _really_ surprised that if
    such a GR passes, the Secretary wouldn't resign.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit