Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:03:17PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Unless I'm mistaken this shouldn't be [3:1] as it's specifically allowed
> by the § about delegates in the constitution. "Delegates shall take
> decision they see fit". What should be [3:1] is to dis-empower them from
> having such rights.

You are mistaken :)

Your quote comes from Section 8.3 "Procedure".  Its meaning is that the
constitution specifically does not require the delegates to follow a particular
procedure to reach their decisions.  It does not talk about what authority the
delegates have (that is discussed in Section 8.1 "Powers").

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/