Re: changing the default syslog daemon for lenny?

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> Ok, here we go...
>
> [investigation and analysis of dependencies on 'sysklogd']

Good work, thankyou.

> Should, I file a lenny release goal first and wait for it's
> approval, or can I take this thread as consensus that I can pursue
> changing the default system-log-daemon to rsyslog?

It doesn't need to be a release goal to proceed with the work. File
the release goal if you like, but I'd say go ahead with the change
whether the release goal is accepted or not.

--
 \       "bash awk grep perl sed, df du, du-du du-du, vi troff su fsck |
  `\                     rm * halt LART LART LART!" —The Swedish BOFH, |