Re: List of packages shipping shell scripts with bashisms + MBF proposal

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 10:29 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> > The script basically uses find on those directories (under /usr/share it
> > only searches for '*.sh') and then uses file on those to get a new list
> > of those file being shell scripts which are then checked with
> > checkbashisms.
>
> lintian shouldn't depend on checkbashisms.  It already has its own
> implementation of this code (which from this thread is actually better).

lintian's parsing code certainly sounds better (mainly because
checkbashisms is based on an old version of the lintian code) but, from
a quick look, checkbashisms flags more issues than lintian does. We do
appear to be missing a few though; I'll have a look at getting them back
in sync.

Adam (with devscripts hat on)