Re: List of packages shipping shell scripts with bashisms + MBF proposal

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:

> It'd be nice if lintian could provide an interface to perform an
> specific check on a specific file (not on a .deb directly). That's out
> of lintian's pourpose but it would be nice anyway.

One of my long-term goals for lintian is to move more of the mechanics of
checks like this into Perl modules and ideally install those modules into
the regular Perl module path (while still supporting --root, of course).
Then, checkbashisms could just depend on lintian and use the same code.