Re: The meaning of Vcs-* fields

Andreas Tille kirjoitti:

> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> > I do maintain some unofficial packages which - of course - I can do
> > anything I want with, but I also want to do things right, so I'd
> > appreciate your help in this.
>
> May I ask for the sake of interest what unofficial packages you
> are maintaining?  Sometimes it makes sense to publish your work
> for a wider audience.

You may. Actually "my" packages have already been published in Debian.
I'm one of the upstream authors of Finnish spell-checking system Voikko
(small part of it). Voikko's upstream developers maintained early
Debian packages in purpose to help us to test the software and gain
more testers from larger audience. For some time those packages were
for end users too.

Now Timo Jyrinki is maintaining the official Debian and Ubuntu packages
for Voikko (see aptitude search '~mjyrinki'). To help testing we still
have the Debian-specific data in Voikko's upstream svn repositories. So
those are the unofficial "packages" I still maintain. Timo Jyrinki is
keeping touch with us and does a great job in spreading Voikko around
Debian and Ubuntu world. Thanks Timo if you're reading this. :)