Re: changing the default syslog daemon for lenny?

Hi Javier, hi Joey,

On Monday 28 January 2008 10:51, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> 2008/1/28, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
> > The main reason is that we need/want to configure syslogd via debconf (or
> > any other policy complient way) for remote logging and the sysklogd
> > maintainer doesn't want to provide it. See #370339 for details.
> I find it surprising that the maintainer himself has not pronounced
> his standing on the issue. The only reference to the maintainer is a
> cut & paste note from an IRC log which might or might not be true.
>
> The maintainer hasn't even tagged this issue (which is open for almost
> 2 years) as 'wontfix'. (!)

I agree that this bug should be tagged "wontfix", but I leave it to the
maintainer to do it.

But I have no reason not to believe the maintainer handles this bug
as "wontfix", no (self-written) reply to the bug by him states this pretty
well.

CC:ed Joey, so he can comment.

regards,
	Holger